Just got some fabulous news for first time home buyers in parts of Montgomery County Pennsylvania today– The USDA eligibility areas are “possibly” being adjusted in the northern section of Montgomery County.
So what the heck does that mean to first time home buyers?
The United States Department of Agriculture has government financing that is highly sought after by many first time home buyers because it means that unlike an FHA mortgage that requires 3.5% of sale price be paid by the buyers, a USDA qualified property could mean ZERO down money is required.
There are two qualifications that must be met in order to qualify for a USDA Mortgage:
- The household income must be under $90,000
- The property must be located within a USDA eligible area.
The second requirement is what is adjusting in Northern Montgomery County, more specifically mostly in Upper and Lower Pottsgrove. The eligibility areas are proposed to be adjusted to include many properties in the “Pottsgroves” that were not previously included.
You can check the eligible areas for yourself here. Word has it that these changes are hopefully going into effect in June 2018.
If you’re currently looking in the Pottsgrove areas, be sure and check in with your Realtor and find out if you could qualify for USDA (No Money Down) Financing!
Would you like to find out if you could qualify to buy your first home with USDA Financing? Simply drop your first name and your email below and we’ll get the info out to you right away…
- You got a promotion at work late last year ~ that came with a hefty raise.
- You’ve narrowed down the area that you would LOVE to live in- plenty of fun places to hang-out and great restaurants in a cute neighborhood.
- You’ve even managed to save up a little nest egg .
- Heck you just paid off your car loan and your student loans are almost paid off!
So what’s holding you back?
All of your ducks are in a row. Interest rates are still at a great level. Your annual lease is running out at the end of the year and it will become month to month. Perfect timing. What is that nagging thing that is keeping you from taking action? If the idea of owning instead of renting keeps creeping into your thoughts more and more and it’s time to ask yourself the serious question: What is keeping me from moving forward?
It is usually one of three things.
- You’re nervous about committment. Many renters that I’ve worked with over the years are terrified of committing to a mortgage. Well, guess what? If you remain as a renter, you are still committing to a contract/lease. You are just doing it without having any of the control- you are in a committment, but have given all the power to your landlord. As a homeowner, you are in control.
- You don’t want to part with your savings. Let’s face it, you worked hard for that savings. Be honest with yourself- what else could you be doing with that money? Sure you could take a trip, buy some new furniture… but in the BIG picture- which of those things is going to have a lasting affect on your life ten years from now? The furniture will be worn and the trip- just a distant memory. Homeownership builds equity as well as gives you the joy of “being in charge of your kingdom.”
- You are afraid of change. Plain and simple – fear can paralyze you if you let it. When you know in your heart that this is the best decision for you, all you have to do is take that first step. One step forward makes the next steps come easier and easier. Working with knowledgeable professionals that you trust and can ask any and all questions at any time makes this process much more comfortable for you. When you choose a real estate professional who specializes in first time home buyers, they understand all of your fears and how important it is to be available at all times to answer your questions and help you to feel comfortable and confident in your decision to take those important first steps toward fulfilling your dream of becoming a homeowner.
Still have questions and concerns holding you back? If you’d like to chat, we’re happy to sit down and talk with you to find out if you are truly ready to become a homeowner.
Would you like to receive more tips, ideas and guidance to help you decide if homeownership is right for you? Subscribe to The “Can I be a First Time Homeowner Club?” We won’t spam you- We promise! You’ll simply find helpful hints and tips and some humor in your inbox from time to time. If at any time you’d like to unsubscribe- just click unsubscribe and we will disappear.