What’s Holding You Back?
- You got a promotion at work late last year ~ that came with a hefty raise.
- You’ve narrowed down the area that you would LOVE to live in- plenty of fun places to hang-out and great restaurants in a cute neighborhood.
- You’ve even managed to save up a little nest egg .
- Heck you just paid off your car loan and your student loans are almost paid off!
So what’s holding you back?
All of your ducks are in a row. Interest rates are still at a great level. Your annual lease is running out at the end of the year and it will become month to month. Perfect timing. What is that nagging thing that is keeping you from taking action? If the idea of owning instead of renting keeps creeping into your thoughts more and more and it’s time to ask yourself the serious question: What is keeping me from moving forward?
It is usually one of three things.
- You’re nervous about committment. Many renters that I’ve worked with over the years are terrified of committing to a mortgage. Well, guess what? If you remain as a renter, you are still committing to a contract/lease. You are just doing it without having any of the control- you are in a committment, but have given all the power to your landlord. As a homeowner, you are in control.
- You don’t want to part with your savings. Let’s face it, you worked hard for that savings. Be honest with yourself- what else could you be doing with that money? Sure you could take a trip, buy some new furniture… but in the BIG picture- which of those things is going to have a lasting affect on your life ten years from now? The furniture will be worn and the trip- just a distant memory. Homeownership builds equity as well as gives you the joy of “being in charge of your kingdom.”
- You are afraid of change. Plain and simple – fear can paralyze you if you let it. When you know in your heart that this is the best decision for you, all you have to do is take that first step. One step forward makes the next steps come easier and easier. Working with knowledgeable professionals that you trust and can ask any and all questions at any time makes this process much more comfortable for you. When you choose a real estate professional who specializes in first time home buyers, they understand all of your fears and how important it is to be available at all times to answer your questions and help you to feel comfortable and confident in your decision to take those important first steps toward fulfilling your dream of becoming a homeowner.
Still have questions and concerns holding you back? If you’d like to chat, we’re happy to sit down and talk with you to find out if you are truly ready to become a homeowner.
Would you like to receive more tips, ideas and guidance to help you decide if homeownership is right for you? Subscribe to The “Can I be a First Time Homeowner Club?” We won’t spam you- We promise! You’ll simply find helpful hints and tips and some humor in your inbox from time to time. If at any time you’d like to unsubscribe- just click unsubscribe and we will disappear.